Ms. Kathleen Naruse
"Libraries store the energy that fuels the imagination. They open up windows to the world and inspire us to explore and achieve, and contribute to improving our quality of life." ~ Sidney Sheldon
Cabrillo High School Library:
Phone (562) 951-7736
BELIEVE ACHIEVE SUCCEED
Open from: (before school) 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
(M-F except holidays)
Extended Hours with WRAP: 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Special events and activities may occasionally affect the hours of operation
Tutoring by College Students from CSULB is available
M-F during lunch
Study, Research (including accessing online databases Destiny (online book catalog)
and GALE (online researching tool),
Read, Use Library Computers, and Ask for Assistance.
Students Visiting the Library During Class Time:
Reader and a Leader
What does reading mean to you (TedEd)?
"Today a Reader, Tomorrow a Leader"~ Margaret Fuller
Book Reviews by Cabrillo Students
Jags interested in doing a review for Cabrillo Library, please come by the library for more information and get our Google Classroom Code and join our Book Review Classroom. Please visit our book review website.
Resources in the Library
10 cents ($.10) per page - Black and White printing
40 cents ($.40) per page - Color printing
Photocopying is 10 cents ($.10) a page
Library Materials and Circulation Policies:
- Up to five books may be checked out with a Cabrillo ID for 2 weeks.
- After 2 weeks, a book may be renewed.
- Late books cost 10 cents per school day for the days that they are late (3 day grace period).
- A wide range of non-fiction books which match curriculum are available as well as books for personal and recreational interests.
- Fiction books of various Genres are available; for example, Mystery, Science Fiction, Romance, Sports, Fantasy, Manga and Graphic Novels.
- Books in Spanish and a small collection of educational videos are also available.
- eBooks are also available (apps
- Lost or damaged books will be charged at the cost of full replacement plus a processing fee
Mr. Doug Gerow
Library Media Assistant
The Teacher Librarian and Library Media Assistant assist students in locating materials with the use of computers; databases of newspapers, magazines and books; the Library Catalog (Destiny) and GALE (online researching database) and homework support. In addition, the Teacher Librarian teaches lessons to classes on libraries skills, strategies, accessing and evaluating information, integration of educational technology for the diverse needs of our campus population.
Library Guidelines and Conduct
No Gum, Drink or Food (keep these items in library lobby area or outside)
Be Respectful and Come in Quietly
Have a Valid Pass or ID with and Unscheduled Sticker
Use Quiet Voices
Come in with a Purpose (Homework, Read, Research)
Cell Phones on SILENT (Take calls OUTSIDE)
"It's what you learn after you know it all that counts."