Cabrillo Athletics Tutoring Services
Goals of the Academic Support Services Staff
- Support student-athlete efforts to receive a quality education and to graduate from Cabrillo High School.
- Encourage and facilitate student-athlete’s goals for their careers and personal development.
- Ensure that the academic integrity of Cabrillo High School and the Cabrillo Athletic Department is maintained.
- Comply with LBUSD, Cabrillo Athletic Department, Moore League, and CIF rules and regulations.
How the CATS Program Works
- The study sessions are open to all students’ athletes.
- The study sessions will meet after school on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 2:45-4:15. The study sessions will be held in Room 1602.
- Students who are on PROBATION must attend a minimum of 2x per week.
- Any athlete currently ineligible must attend 3x a week in order to restore eligibility.
The only legitimate excuse for athletes with a GPA below 2.0 not attending a study session is:
- being absent from school the entire day
- having a contest conflict (game day)
Any student athlete who does not maintain a 2.0 for the previous grading period will be required to attend the study sessions. If the participant is in season and does not attend study sessions for the required days, and is not absent for legitimate reasons as identified earlier, the participant shall not practice/participate in contests beginning Monday of the following week and continuing through Saturday of that week.
When attending a tutoring session, you will receive a Proof of Attendance to give to teachers.
Athletes are allowed to attend tutoring by their teachers, but must bring a note from teacher, verifying attendance at tutoring with that teacher. The note must be turned in to Ms. Granieri.
Any Cabrillo Athletic participant who receives a grade below a "C" in any class or classes should be encouraged to utilize the resources of the study sessions regardless of his/her semester cumulative GPA.
The study sessions will provide the following opportunities for attendees:
- Quiet study area
- Peer tutoring
- Faculty tutoring
- Make-up tests
|12:05 PM||Final Jag Cup Rally at the Rally Stage|
|3:00 PM||Teen Battle Chef Meeting in Room 1013.|