Specialized Academy of Computer Media, Arts & Animation
The Specialized Academy of Computer Media, Arts & Animation (SACMAA)
Small Learning Community provides a program that develops specialized skills in the Visual Arts, Computer Media, Arts and Animation, and Performing Arts, utilizing technology. While preparing for college and careers in arts and technology, the curriculum offers students the opportunity to specialize in visual arts, performing arts that include music, drama, and dance, or computer media and animation.
As students progress through their course of study, they develop a digital portfolio of their selected arts media that is often required for transition into college and related careers.
- Counseling with elective teachers for below average grades
- Letters and phone calls home for below average grades
- Celebrations every semester for students with above average grades
- Cross curricular application of skills...
- Visual arts students design sets for drama productions
- Computer media students produce instructional video for history class
- Film students tape dance productions
- Animators produce animations for science class
- Musicians record songs for music video production.